Hey you! Have you ever been bored? Or do you live alone? Because that can get quite boring too. I should know, I live alone. I have found that there are many ways to keep yourself busy, it just takes time to find those things organically, so here is a list of some of the things I do when I get bored. Let’s jump right into it!
- Go for a walk – Find a park, or a walking trail, or even just a sidewalk, and walk. It’s really that simple. You can use this time to exercise, think, and even practice photography. I love going for walks by myself because I get to choose where I go, how long I go, and when to stop to take pictures. Grab your camera or phone and just walk.
- Watch TV – This is a very common practice in my household. Binge watch new tv shows. Watch new movies. Sometimes it is just good to have on as background noise too.
- Read – Sometimes it is a pain to read, especially when we do not get to choose the topic. That is why I stopped reading for pleasure in high school. But I recently picked it back up, and to my surprise, I started enjoying it again. Go to a library, or even find a book online. Start reading. The best part is, if you are not enjoying the book, you can switch. It is not mandatory to finish every book you start.
- Sleep – Naps are amazing. You can sleep a bad day away, or nap the boredom away.
- Video Games – I do not play video games that often, but will sometimes download a game on my phone or find a new game on Kongregate or some other online site. It’s a good way to pass the time.
- Art – I love art, and while I am not great at it, it does help me de-stress and pass the time. Art can be anything creative; from colouring in a colouring book to painting with watercolor or acrylics to doodling, just let those creative juices flow.
- Clean – This is something that most people do not do when they are bored. I, myself, love cleaning when I am upset or bored. I just put music on and tackle one room at a time. Sweep, vacuum, mop, dust, do the dirty dishes you have been hoarding for a week.
- Reorganize – I absolutely love moving furniture around in my apartment. I love the new feel of a space. Moving paintings, plants, the couch, tv, and my bed is a weekly tradition of mine.
- Re-pot, prune, and water your plants – Plants, like art, are something that really help to de-stress people. If you do not have plants yet, I made a post about my favourite houseplants for everyone, including beginners. I can spend hours every week just talking to and taking care of my plants.
- Write – Writing is a great way to pass the time. I love writing poetry and short stories. They never see the light of day again, but it gets rid of the boredom for that moment. I used to share some of my poems on Wattpad, which is a great resource for finding things to read in all genres, and is great if you want to share your own pieces of writing as well.
I hope that you enjoyed this post. If you did, please share. Go follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter. Contact me if there is a topic you would like me to cover. I have so many ideas, I just do not know where to start with a lot of them.
I hope you have an amazing day!
Remember to be your best self!